Managed Networks provides proactive IT support services across the country, from the South East to the North West through offices in central London, Birmingham and Manchester.
Managed Networks provides outsourced IT management and support exclusively for small and medium-sized enterprises- SMEs. The support offering is unique in that it is based on routine scheduled site visits. These visits combine preventative maintenance with an opportunity for face-to-face support of users. Between visits, customers receive unlimited telephone and remote support, together with the warranty that MN will attend without charge to remedy any problem that might reasonably have been foreseen and prevented during a maintenance visit.
Managed Networks was founded in 1992 by Ben Rapp, originally providing bespoke software development services to FTSE250 companies and finance-sector businesses. We later added managed IT and telephony services to our service portfolio, changing our focus from large business to SMEs so that we could bring the benefits of a corporate approach to everyone.
Since inception the business has grown organically and is wholly owned by the directors. The management team have all been with Managed Networks for a number of years and are committed to the growth targets we have, we are constantly growing and recruiting to ensure we deliver the better standard of service that our clients deserve.
Today Managed Networks has four service areas:
- Support your people: Professional, corporate-grade IT support services and outsourcing. SMEs deserve the same quality and reliability of infrastructure that large businesses take for granted. We provide IT systems you can rely on, backed up by proactive support; our experienced board, extensive team and resilient infrastructure mean we have the depth of skills and resources to keep our promises.
- Protect your organisation: Information security and business continuity consultancy, including full system and process audits, targeted workshops and point solutions. Our consulting team has wide experience of regulatory regimes – our CEO co-authored the technology industry guide to MiFID, for instance – and works with our project team to deliver an integrated security capability.
- Empower your staff: Project delivery from the smallest installation to large and complex multi-site networks. Hardware and software supply across a wide range of manufacturers, with the expert advice and after-sales service that comes from long-standing partnerships and highly-trained staff. Point technology solutions ranging from virtualisation through security and backup to telephony and data circuits. Bespoke software development covering both web and conventional applications, including Sharepoint and CRM customisation, middleware and databases.
- Cloud: Our substantial investment in our DesktopLive and DesktopLive+ services allows us to offer a variety of hosting options, including simple and affordable monthly rental of a complete IT infrastructure. Using a “cloud” platform not only gives you access to a fully-resilient and universally-accessible IT platform at a fraction of the cost of building it yourself, it also cuts your carbon footprint.
Managed Networks exists to make a difference. Effective, appropriate, reliable and efficient IT systems – better IT systems – are the key to successful business growth. Our values set out in simple language how we deliver that difference:
- Managed Networks has been providing better IT to SMEs for nearly 20 years.
- Our highly-qualified professionals give clear, unbiased advice in plain English.
- We listen to our customers, understand their business needs, and deliver appropriate IT solutions.
- Our world-class customer service is backed by our unique proactive service warranty.
Understanding our clients’ needs and expectations is the key to our approach. We combine this understanding with our regular on-site time, unlimited telephone and remote support and our unique support warranty to deliver better IT. We build long-term relationships; your success is critical to ours, and we’re more interested in aiding your growth than in maximising our short-term revenues.
Apart from our unique service offer, we have been a Microsoft Certified Partner since 2000 and became a Gold Certified Partner in November 2005. Every engineer is a Microsoft Certified IT Professional and has an average of six years post-qualification experience, meaning that you can rely on us to look after your IT network properly.
We have been an active member of Intellect, the official trade association for the IT industry in the UK, since 1998 and we abide by their code of practice. We are a fully-accredited partner for all of the products and services we resell, and you can see all of our accreditations below.
Delivering the best service to our customers requires maintaining the highest levels of expertise and accreditation in all of the industry-standard technologies. Here are just some of our certifications and partnerships:
- Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
- Microsoft Small Business Specialist
- Intellect Member
- British Computer Society Group Member
- Citrix Silver Solutions Partner
- Cisco Registered Partner
- Sophos Silver Partner
- SonicWall Approved Partner
- Easynet Gold Business Partner
- Avaya IP Office business partner
- Dell Registered Partner
- VM Ware Registered Service Provider
- Symantec Registered Partner
- APC Registered Partner
- IO Mart Business Partner
- Exponential-e Partner Reseller
- RIM (Blackberry) Partner
- Veeam Silver ProPartner
Meet the team
Ben Rapp - Chief Executive Officer
Nick Caplan - Chairman
Stefania Dorudottir - Finance Director
We employ only Microsoft Certified IT Professionals (MCITP): they must be Windows 2008 certified and have Microsoft Exchange Server as one of their electives.
Our engineers are all third line support engineers, you'll never have to worry about a problem being unsolvable. If there is a problem that an engineer cannot deal with alone, they can share it with the whole team and get immediate and effective assistance. Whatever your service level, you have the benefit of all of our experience and expertise.
When looking to outsource your IT support, which would you prefer? A company that ensures their support engineers are properly qualified or one that doesn't?
Don't just take our word for why you should insist on qualified support engineers. Tony Neuser, director for Microsoft Solutions Practice, Unisys Global Network Services, says:
"The certification is a must for us. In recruiting, we won't look at a potential hire unless hes certified. On our existing staff, all of our professionals are certified or are in the process of upgrading. Being able to point to an all-certified staff is a great way to quantify our technical depth to colleagues within the company and to potential customers."
6-8 Bonhill Street
London EC2A 4BX
Tel +44 (0)20 7496 8000
Fax +44 (0)20 7496 8001
View Larger Map
Manchester M1 2HY
Call us free on 0800 783 6170
View Larger Map
1 Victoria Square
Birmingham B1 1B
Call us free on 0800 783 6170
View Larger Map
Managed Networks is an expanding company and we are always seeking well qualified Microsoft accredited engineers. For more information, visit our recruitment page to see current opportunities with Managed Networks
We are committed to achieving the sustainable development of our company, not forgetting about our social responsibilities that we have in respect to society.Managed Networks is committed to limiting the environmental implications of our business operations and transform it to environment-friendly.
Charitable work and donations
Managed Networks is involved in a wide variety of charitable work both as an organisation and through the efforts of individual staff. You can read more about our corporate work here. If you'd like to get involved with any of the charities we support, please get in touch.
The environment and carbon reduction
Managed Networks takes carbon reduction and sustainability very seriously. Our data-centre based, shared services, virtualisation and thin-client approach offers a reduction of up to 60% in your carbon footprint from IT. We can arrange for validation of this reduction by an external auditor on request and have worked with Carbon Life (one such auditor) previously. We also operate our own internal systems on the same basis to minimise our own footprint. Other footprint reduction actions we take include:
- Use of public transport for client visits wherever possible
- Maximisation of shared logistics to reduce road miles from equipment transport
- Minimisation of printed output and recycling of all possible waste material
Disposal of old equipment
We work with Computer Aid International to ensure effective re-use of superannuated equipment. In conjunction with our suppliers we ensure that all disposals of equipment that cannot effectively be reused comply with the WEEE directive.